Engineering Lead / Manager
Nestio is the software powering millions of real estate listings in major cities around the US. We’re looking for a player/coach leader for our growing Engineering team. We will look to you to drive the Engineering team forward, define and build a strong culture, and become a thought partner and leader to the rest of the organization.
Our go-to technologies are Python, Django, and PostgreSQL on the back-end and React/Redux on the front-end. We're constantly expanding beyond those to things like Flask, Go, Redis, or whatever tool helps create a maintainable solution to the problem at hand. We maintain all this with an agile workflow, a robust test suite, continuous integration, and code reviews for all deployed code.
We are looking for someone who is:
Motivating: You find ways to encourage those around you to do their best work and grow.
Collaborative: You work well with others, and include them as often as you can.
Curious: You like to ask questions and form solutions.
Resourceful: You can get the work done with little guidance and can get scrappy when you have to drive results.
Analytical: You have strong attention to detail, and consider both the long and short term implications of your technical decisions.
Technical: You get close to the code, and insist on contributing as often as possible.
Communicative: You can relay information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, and you keep people updated on the status of projects.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with product owners, designers, and engineers in a dynamic, agile environment innovating on new products and features.
- Act as a player coach leading and mentoring a group of engineers,
- Drive developer productivity and solve issues standing in their way.
- Work closely with the CTO and other engineering lead to set technical direction.
- Participate in technical recruitment efforts and hiring processes.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, 2+ years in lead role.
- Have a track record of leading, motivating, and contributing to productive engineering teams.
- Deep experience with one or more modern web application frameworks, like Django, Flask, Rails, etc.
- Advocate of pragmatic testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.